These are some of my favourite history-of-sexuality related blogs, events and websites:
- BiGS (Birkbeck Gender & Sexuality) : Birkbeck’s own research forum for the study of gender and sexuality organises a wide range of seminars, conferences, film screenings, public lectures and one-off events.
- History of Sexuality Seminar IHR : This new interdisciplinary research seminar at the Institute of Historical Studies, London, meets regularly to present cutting edge research in the history of sexuality. It has its own blog, Notches .
- Critical Sexology : An interdisciplinary seminar series that brings together humanities scholars, medical professionals, artists and others interested in the construction and management of gender and sexuality.
- Lisa Downing : Professor of French Discourses of Sexuality and sexuality critic who writes the thought-provoking blog Sex Critical .
- Lesley Hall: Archivist and historian at the Wellcome Library whose website offers a rich resource for anyone interested in the history of sexuality including CFP listings and book reviews. Lesley also has her own blog .
- Feminist Killjoys : Sara Ahmed has a great blog on feminism.
- Feminist Women’s Studies Association (UK and Ireland): All things feminist including news, reviews, CFPs and more.