Links to a wide range of project-related activities:
- Lines of Dissent: The Twelfth LGBTQ History and Archives Conference. London Metropolitan Archives, 6 December 2014. This conference is aimed at public audiences. I led a practical workshop on researching queer archives.
- Homophobia Rewritten: New Literary and Cultural Perspectives on Violence and Sexuality, Keynes Library Birkbeck, 13 June 2014. This symposium, featuring a keynote by Alison Donnell, brought into dialogue established academics, postgraduates and early career researchers from literary studies, history, psychology, and politics to examine literary and cultural representations of, and responses, to homophobia.
- Violence in Queer and Trans Lives: A Dialogue between the Humanities and Health Professions .University of Surrey, 7 October 2014. This workshop brought together humanities scholars and health professionals to consider practical and critical issues at stake in addressing how violence impacts on queer and trans lives.
- Anders als die Andern/Different from the Others (1919). This public film screening and panel discussion was organised to mark LGBT History Month. Birkbeck Cinema, Bloomsbury, 25 February 2014. The film, which is considered the first ‘homosexual’ movie, includes a cameo by Magnus Hirschfeld, and so the event also provided an opportunity to introduce my research on Hirschfeld to non-academic audiences.
- A Violent World of Difference: Birkbeck Research Blog Post. November 2013.
- ‘Magnus Hirschfeld and the Queer Narratives of Modern Sex Research’: Keynote. Leslie Centre for the Humanities 2013 Dartmouth, 2 July 2013.
- Sexology and Translation: Scientific and Cultural Encounters in the Modern World, 1860-1930: This international, interdisciplinary Wellcome Trust funded symposium was organised by me at Birkbeck in June 2012.